Junior Category Manager
Fulltime (40 hours a week) - Utrecht
Nomad Foods Europe is the leading frozen foods company. Our ambition is to build a global portfolio of best-in-class frozen food brands. Nomad Foods is active in 17 countries and has a leading market share in Western Europe with brands such as Birds Eye, Iglo and Findus. In the Netherlands Nomad Foods is the market leader with the brand Iglo, famous for our captain Iglo, Fishfingers, Lekkerbekjes, Spinach, Roerbaksensatie and Ping & Klaar.
Our objective is to help the Dutch consumer to make easier and healthier meal choices with our frozen vegetables, fish and complete meals. We serve our consumer through good sourcing, nutrition and operations like MSC and reduction in food waste. To realize our objective we have designed a successful Must Win Battle strategy to reprioritize our core business which resulted in positive organic revenue growth and significant market share gains.
Our agile team is dynamic and offers you the possibility to develop your (all-round) business skills. The team is diverse and has a work and play hard mentality. We offer the possibility of a long term career development. This implies working cross-functional with a steep learning curve via management development and cultural programs. An international career can also be part of your development plan given that we are an international organization with our headquarters based in London.
As a Junior Category Manager within Iglo, you aim to increase the awareness of the shopper that frozen is a fresh, nutritious, delicious and sustainable option for every meal. You want to change the perception of frozen and make the frozen aisle more attractive to the shopper.
You partner up with the Account Managers to visit the retailers on a regular basis. Based on qualitative and quantitative sources, you map the developments within the category in an understandable way and advise the retailers of your optimum shopper based strategy. The focus is on Superunie partners: from better segmentation to dedicating more space to growth categories within frozen; from bringing more emotion to this part of the shop floor to the listing of innovation, you are able to jointly draw up and implement plans to grow the frozen category.
You report to the Senior Category Manager and you have significant interaction with the Sales team and other departments.
- A relevant academic degree
- 1-2 years commercial experience, preferable including category management
- Experience within a highly commercial fast-moving business
- Experience with initiating and presenting analysis and projects to relevant customers
- Excellent analysis and interpretation skills
- Strong drive for results
- Able to work under time pressure and able to juggle multiple priorities, with good planning and organizing skills
- Highly energized and passionate personality who is able to build strong relationships
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills both in Dutch & English
We offer you
- Agility and speed of a small and focused team, with the support of a large multinational group
- The pride to be working for frozen food’s market leading A-brand and European Market Leader
- International career opportunities within Nomad Foods Europe
- Good working conditions; a competitive salary and excellent bonus structure
- Enthusiastic colleagues and a great place to work and grow
Are you the Jr. Category Manager we are looking for?
If you would like to apply for this role or like to receive more information, please contact Renske Rozemeijer
Renske.Rozemeijer@iglo.com ; 06 23 56 90 92